PRIMAVERA with Mikala Dwyer
Curator of 2014 Primavera, Sydney-based artist Mikala Dwyer joined me in the studio couple of weeks ago (August 14, 2014) to talk Australian emerging art scene.
- How do we define emerging?
- Why she sees herself more as a host then a curator proper?
- How did she go about selecting 13 artists out of more than 100 she met whilst traveling around the country?
- Are there some current or emerging trends amongst the young Australian artists?
- How is the Northern Territory art scene different from Sydney’s and Melbourne’s?
These and more in the interview with Mikala: click here to listen
Primavera, an annual exhibition for emerging Australian artists is taking place at the Museum of Contemporary Art from September 23 – November 30, 2014. For more information and the full list of featured artists click here
For more about Mikala Dwyer, Sydney-based installation and performance artist see her website